Sunday, May 31, 2009

Time to get outside...

The past few weeks have been wonderful and were capped off today with an afternoon in the park where I took some great pictures of Lucas.

Here is a recap....

Lucas is eight months old now. He is growing faster everyday. He is working on his top two teeth now and we are sure he will be moving faster each day from here forward. He is still scooting with his belly dragging but he really does get around well. He also is very good at standing up as long as he has a good hold on something. It is clear that he knows "Mom" & "DaDa" now. We are a regular part of his gibber jabber...and are to come when called...lol. He is sleeping through the nights all the time now and even sleeps in late sometimes on the weekend. He really is an angel baby.
Last weekend was wonderful...almost like a mini vacation. We spent our three day weekend surrounded by friends and family. We attended a party and picnic and hung out with friends. I honestly feel it might have been our return to us. I can't describe what I mean but as a new parent I finally feel like my life is getting its balance back. I think it was missing and I didn't even know it.
On another note...Daddy got a new toy. It is an early Father's Day gift and he is very happy to be the proud owner of a very nice mountain bike. He picked it up on Thursday evening and rode it 32 miles yesterday. The Tolley's have decided to get healthy and this is one step in that direction. Jason loves to ride his bike so I thought now was the time to make the big purchase...prior to the new house. Now I have to get my rear in gear to keep up.
On that note. The house has been on the market a few weeks now and the showings are starting to pick up. So we are hopeful that we can get some good buyers here and get a good offer soon.
That is about it for now. Life is just generally good for us right now and we feel really lucky to be us. As I watch some of our friend go through struggles that I once faced myself, I realized how blessed I am to have come through them and the rewards have been indescribable.

Wishing everyone some of their own fun in the sun...

Love,

Us

No comments: